Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Antler Repair

DWilk

Hey do any of you guys know of any good taxidermists or anyone that does antler repairing or building? If so, any ideas on price ranges? I'm trying to find someone and just don't really know where to look. Thanks a lot.

Tom Sexton is probably the best from what I have heard. I called about getting tine fixed on this year's bow buck. He is out of Amana.

Tom Sexton He charges $ 22 per inch for smooth tines and $ 25 to $ 40 for brow tines just depends on how rough they are.. He's the best there is..

If you want good quality and stick with the IW crew, go with Shovelbuck, great guy also. He is doing a set for me right now, cant wait to see how they turn out.
grin.gif

Boy ya know I'd like to go with Shovelbuck, but I just can't afford to ship them all the way out there to have it done, otherwise definitely.

Oh no just one rack. I Europeaned it, but it is a broken buck I shot that I was wanting fixed, not repaired.

Yea, Tom Sexton is good but he also has a waiting list right now that probably a year long. He did the last I spoke with him and he's taken on more work since then as well.

There are many who can fix/repair a point, I've done it several times myself. However, where the men get seperated from the boys is in the recoloring. This is where you want to hire the very best that you can afford.

If waiting isn't a factor then try Tom.

Another good one is Klaus Lebrect out of New Richland Wis., his waiting list is only about 4 months and his work and paint are as good as Tom's.

[ QUOTE ]
Tom Sexton is the best in the world at antler repair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tom's repairs are un-noticable, simply amazing. You get what you pay for.

Top Bottom