Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

antlerless quota

Show a little respect JRudd. No need for name calling....

Daver has been sharing valuable info to all of us on IW for a long time.

Your right, you had to be there to understand. Not a generalization, but a specific person I'm referring to. Thanks for your input

Classy, classy guy you are! Must have ton of knowledge of "deer" coming from the great county of Marshall. Maybe you should just stick to iawaterfowlers were personal childish attacks fly. This site is like no other, nor is there a site with more knowledgable and willing members to share info. From what I've seen from you guy, your barkin up the wrong tree!

I have all the data of the tags available on the last day of season last year and I happen to be bored.

Adair proposed 1025, sold last year 984 ====== No change.

Adams proposed 1450, sold last year 1082 ===== No Change

Allamakee proposed 2975, sold last year 2338 === No change

Okay I am not as bored as I thought but you get the picture. In the first 3 counties they are proposing more tags than what was sold last year. This means the same amount of deer can die.

What they really need to do is drop the quota below the actual harvest. If 1000 does were harvested in a county last year, make the available tags 700 this year or something along those lines.

Thanks for the info 150...Decatur, 969 left for purchase last year and a drop of 600 for next year. Wayne Co. 965 left over last year and a reduction of 800 next. This is a non-event for these counties. I'm going to risk being selfish and only settle for the elimination of the late doe season.

I guess it also depends on which list of cuts is what passes. This one was shared here earlier this month.

picture.php

Only two counties have a cut that is below the harvest for last season. Allmakee and Van Buren are the two if I remember right.

A cut that is below the "harvest" of last year? Not sure I get your point. Are you assuming there will be a 100% success rate this year and the same amount killed?

Awesome to see this going in the right direction. Would be interesting though to see how many tags were actually sold the past season compared to the new recommended quota s..........wow check out Woodbury, Harrison, Monona counties.

A cut that is below the "harvest" of last year? Not sure I get your point. Are you assuming there will be a 100% success rate this year and the same amount killed?

I'm assuming that the success ratio for antlerless will skyrocket with reduced tags. I feel it's extremely unrealistic to expect the same percentage decrease in harvest as the number of tags decreased. IE tags were reduced by 25% so our county will see a 25% reduction in doe harvest.

So my prediction is the same general number of does will be taken next season as the season before in the majority of counties.

Obviously 100% isn't realistic, but I do not think 60-75% is out of line for filled antlerless tags next season.

I'm assuming that the success ratio for antlerless will skyrocket with reduced tags. I feel it's extremely unrealistic to expect the same percentage decrease in harvest as the number of tags decreased. IE tags were reduced by 25% so our county will see a 25% reduction in doe harvest.

So my prediction is the same general number of does will be taken next season as the season before in the majority of counties.

OK, I see your view. I think the part of your text that I put in bold is more likely to happen, especially if we have been saying that too many does have been harvested and that there are fewer does to harvest. If not and it is that easy that we have that high of a percentage of success on the does, then, perhaps, we still have too many does.

What has the success rate done over the years, including the counties that have already lowered the quota? Going up? Down?

OK, I see your view. I think the part of your text that I put in bold is more likely to happen, especially if we have been saying that too many does have been harvested and that there are fewer does to harvest. If not and it is that easy that we have that high of a percentage of success on the does, then, perhaps, we still have too many does. What has the success rate done over the years, including the counties that have already lowered the quota? Going up? Down?

I think success rates were around 30-40%, but I could be wrong. That was the surprising number when I looked it up. I think 2011-2012 were very similar in that category.

The biggest thing Iowa has going, or at least this forum, is the fact that most hunters agree the numbers are down and appear to be toning down their harvest. I wish Indiana was that way. My fellow hunters are complaining about numbers yet they still are stacking up does.

My local state rep had a "listening table" this morning and I gave them something to think about. Ironically, it was held in a Farm Bureau office and I took them to task (along with the auto insurance industry) for lobbying the Gov/legislature to kill every deer in Iowa. :mad:

I mentioned I used to be a FB member until I got fed up with their politics. Doubt it will make a difference, but I know sitting at home and complaining on internet hunting forums is not likely to be effective either. ;)

Top Bottom