Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Any bear hunters out there?

SaskGuy

Any one interested in killing a bear would be a welcome addition at my place. They've been into my garbage stand, into my garden and my wife has ran into a few on her daily run. My neighbour even had a run in with a big boar that stood up beside the truck as he passed, they're getting far too brazen. If one of them shows up in the yard this summer when I'm around I'll have a pic or two for you. I could have shot a big boar last yr 30 yards from my deck but didn't, should have b/c they seem to be getting less and less afraid of people. Does anybody know when you call a bear a problem bear? I don't.....how bout you Alaskan?? Having a little one now makes me a bit more worried about them.

It would make me nervous with a little one around too. Will the local game wardens do anything about it or does someone have to get hurt before they can do anything?

Most people just shoot them, the wardens don't worry about out of season killing if it's a nuisance, they'd rather you do it than take the time to do it themselves, I've just never wanted to kill one just b/c it showed up in my yard but some are getting to be repeat offenders.

do you need a guide to hunt bears in canada? in a year or so i'd be game to do that every year.

You may kill game animals in defense of your life or property if you did not provoke an attack or cause a problem by negligently leavinghuman or pet food or garbage in a manner that attracts wildlife and if you have done everything else you can to protect your life and property.
Property means your dwelling, means of travel, pets or livestock,fish drying racks,or other valuable property necessary for your livelihood or survival. I'd also contact the local DNR.. Laws though are forever changing! If your local game wardon says ok then blast em and prevent an injury...

Top Bottom