Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Any better trail camera options?

newfarmer

So we currently are running 7 Tactacams per farm and the bill is $110 per farm… are there any better options? Am I missing a different plan?
I’m tempted to switch to cuddeback on at least 1 farm- anyone have experiences with them?

I run 2 cuddeback systems 6 tacticams and 8 Spartans. Cuddeback is definitely the cheapest but those who don't understand its limits struggle with them

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

I have 5 CuddyLink on a 120 acre farm. I have to use a 6th one as a relay to get a signal back to the home unit for one of them. I have bad cell reception so I don't use that option but I love that I can pull a card at my pole building and not stomp all over to pull cards. battery life with the d cell batteries is about 3 months. home unit is 6 to 8 weeks. a solar panel on the home unit would solve that but it's easy for me to replace those batteries.

I don't know how it could be $110 a month for 7 cams. Most expensive plan is $13 for first and $12 for each extra. Tactacam pools the pictures. I run 5 cams for a total of $25 a month which is 1250 pics across all the cams. Can get 250 more for $5. Next plan is $8 for 500 pics per camera.

I don't know how it could be $110 a month for 7 cams. Most expensive plan is $13 for first and $12 for each extra. Tactacam pools the pictures. I run 5 cams for a total of $25 a month which is 1250 pics across all the cams. Can get 250 more for $5. Next plan is $8 for 500 pics per camera.
Well then maybe I need to make a phone call? That’s what we each pay per month ‍♂️

Cuddelink by far the best option for covering ground at the best price. Im skeptical that they catch everything that walks by, but I live with that knowing I can run up to 20 cams on one farm for $42/month unlimited pics and don't have to check any of them.

I switched to BlackGate this year. Really worth a look. I think I’m running 14 cams for $55 a month. Great picture quality compared to cuddy.

Called this morning- we are on the pro plan with our cameras due to the number of photos that we get monthly (2500+)- some are doubling as security cameras which doesn't help. I do have the option of maybe running less cameras to lower my costs, but otherwise I am stuck at $12/camera a month... We might have some tactacams for sale soon, as I am going to take a heavy look into cuddelink and the blackgate that was posted, see how we can lower that cost a little bit. I would be fine with regular cameras, but some of our pieces are 2 hours apart so it's the convenience factor but wow.
Thanks for the insight, everyone. Appreciate it.

Top Bottom