Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Any Guys Using GoPros?

The Silence

PMA Member
I have access to a GoPro. When filming hunts, what location for the camera seems to work best? Headband, on the bow or attached to the stake/stand/tree? Any other suggestions would be welcome. I'm hoping to use it on a ground assualt. I want to set up on one of the snow trail(s) leading to a cut corn/soybean field this late season using a ghillie suit in a dead fall or CRP grass.

Head band doesn't work the best.. Especially if you want to use it for gun hunting. Depending on the stabilizer the sportsmanship mount is the way to go. You could also get a tripod adapter and get a small tripod and have it on the ground.

I use go pro with a head band mount. Use it for some bow hunts and some turkey hunts, but mostly for shotgun season. No complaints with the head mount set up. Walk countless miles and shoot plenty of shots with it on. It's a really cool view. I am the main pusher in our group so it is cool to show the rest of the family what I walk through and see during a drive. Have fun with it! Only bad thing with Go pro's is that you really can't see anything that is 30+ yards out. Had a turkey 30 yards in an open field and it looked like a dot in the video.

Put it on the other side of the trail from you and turn it on when they are coming (from your phone)...and then try to stop the deer or shoot him when it is directly in front of your camera. You'll get a cool backside view.

I shot a few deer with it mounted on my stabilizer. It's great until you release an arrow. At that point the bow naturally tilts forward and the deer leaves the view of the camera. You could try to hold your bow steady after the release but I didn't because I thought it might interfere with my follow through or form. Next year I will probably mount it to the treestand or a tripod if i'm in a blind. I currently have it mounted to my scope on my rifle for coyote hunting. It's pretty awesome.

I use a GoPro on nearly all of my hunts. I used it quite a bit for pheasant hunting this year and got some pretty neat shots on camera (and misses too :) ) but I use the head mount. Out of the way but sees everything you see. I just shot a sal tonight with the muzzleloader.. My brother does editing and if it showed up on camera, I'll definitely post the link to the hunt today for it. I love go pros

Top Bottom