Any luck today?

Curious if anyone had any luck today. Took my wife out tonight for early muzzleloader and set up in a place I had seen 2 nice bucks and 15+ does last Thursday (Oct 4th). Stayed out of that property until today not wanting to educate the deer. We only saw 1 spike buck for about 2 seconds. Don't know if this weather had them still bedded down or what.

Hopefully tomorrow will be the ticket.

not a thing moved for me. was hunting over one of my turnip plots

All the deer I saw tonight were headed to the neighboring property and right to the green turnips they evidently put in. This was a new property that I got permission to hunt and they would work the edge of the corn field then go to the turnips.

Had a young doe walked by around 5 a budy of mine had Seen a doe around the same time, same property. Very slow. Hows everyone think about tommorow morning?

Went out Thursday and Friday night night to my honey hole. Saw plenty of does no bucks. I was thinking they would get up and move b4 the storm. This afternoon I went to a nieghboring proporty, (piblic land) saw two does going to corn and two buck running out like something was chasing them. I might have gotten busted going for my Video camera but they were a long were off, 80 yards through timber to a field. Turned and took a hard right. Never saw em again. Lots of action though in the first 10 of 12 days of of hunting. Mostly enjoying teaching my two boys 21 and 23 try to get a good mature bucks.

Last edited:
I saw nothing today. Normally I see a doe and her two fawns all over the property and especially in the stand I was in. I did get a pic of a stud buck from Thursday night just after dark under the stand I was in. If anyone can tell me how to upload pics that are on my iPhone, I'd like to get some thoughts on size and age.

Last night had tons of movement.

Tonight, saw a doe and her fawn. Not bad for where I was hunting.

Now I'm hunting "observation" stands while waiting for the rut.

Saw between 9 and 15 does. 9 came out of the bedding area. Some went to the bedding area. May have been the same deer. I was pretty much covered up the last hour of daylight. Few of the does passed downwind of me at about 20 yards, of course, but they were not spooked, just a little weary. Then some dang deer 200 yards away goes crazy snorting at me for 15 minutes. The deer around me didn't seem to care. Anyway, definitely a good night.

I went out Friday night and saw a lot of deer activity on a new piece of property. Probably a dozen does and 5 different bucks. The largest maybe hittin 120. He was fighting with a smaller 110 for about an hour. Pretty cool. Since then not much. I think warm humid weather here has slowed em down a lot.

Back