Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Any opinions on the Mossberg 935

B

brandonmead

I'm not a big fan of mossberg guns, but someone gave me a good deal on a Mossberg 935 semi Auto 3-1/2" shotgun. The gun comes with a rifled slug barrel and a smooth bore. I would like to get as many opions as I can before I decide to buy it. All opinions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Brandon

Whats their name and phone # and I will buy it. The only thing I didnt like about the one I used was that they seem a little heavier.

I have to say if you scrape, save and hold out for a Benelli SBE 1 or 2 you will not regret it. Just go to any large retailer and throw the thing in your shoulder. It is well balanced, lightweight, and extremely reliable. You can pick the SBE1 up used for 6-800 it is well worth the price I.M.O.

I have hunted with Benelli for about 10 years, I have shot at least 5000 rounds if not more, never had a jam or misfire, or malfunction.

Benelli SBE II

Ditto on the Benelli shotguns. I have had an M1 in the past and now have a SBE. For my current purposes I would just as soon have the M1, but either way you cant go wrong with a Benelli.
That said, you were'nt asking about Benelli's. I have never had a Mossberg but several friends use them, strictly for 'yote hunting with #4 buckshot. They seem to like them just fine for that purpose and the price is right.

I have a Mossberg 935 and use it for turkey hunting. It is a nice auto for the price. You can use it for pheasent hunting but make sure you use a 1 1/4 oz shot or it wont eject the shell. I wouldn't use it for trap or skeet shooting but for hunting deer, turkeys, pheasent, and geese I think it works great. But if you have the money...Beretta makes a sweet auto. Remington has a new model out that shoots 2 3/4 to 3 1/2 (SPR 453) but I don't know much about it. Good luck.
waytogo.gif

Top Bottom