Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Any runners on here?

Nebraska_hunter

Well ok this isnt hunting related but i thought i would show you guys this. My sister and i found her Boy friends running trophies and we were shocked. He is cocky about his running but i guess he can back it up. We Went threw 3 boxes of metals and 2 boxes of trophies. I thought i seen someone was a runner on here. But I kind of found it kinda cool out of 46 metals he won 38 out of the 46 races he ran. That was just the metals. Not counting the trophies. Thought i would share some pictures. Sorry my camera isnt the best. But lets here some other stories about some runners on here? Anyone have any good stories to tell?
000_1142.jpg
000_1144.jpg
000_1145.jpg
000_1146.jpg
000_1143.jpg

Thats an acomplishment for sure. Idont have any trophies but I got some medals from highschool. Also when I was in boot camp I had ALL the best run times for the entire graduation week. best out of 2000 people roughly and I only missed the all time record by 40 seconds. Then I got lazy and could only run 3 miles if I absolutely had too.

laugh.gif
sounds like fun. Even though i hate running im starting to see that you should run every once in a while. Just to stay health. But the funny thing is He is only 34. Most of these metals were won before he turned 30. But yeah i would like to hear some stories from other people.
laugh.gif

I run 800's. Last year i was a freshman and got third at districs and almost went to state my first year. I also run the 400 and maybe the mile this year.

You guys are crazy! Run around in circles and you get no where. Except for tired and winded. I admire those who can run great distances
beerchug.gif

The last race I ran in was a five-miler on the Fourth of July ... finished in just under 38 minuntes. Nothing too exciting here, I just do it to stay in shape.
-Longspurs-

I'm trying to take on a marathon in October, did 13 miles on Saturday and may have put a hitch in my giddyup... knee is starting to give me issues.

By no means am I a distance runner. I ran 100s, 200s, and an occasional 400 in highschool. Went to state and the Drake realys running 100s. Thought about running in college until I tore my ACL, MCL, and both miniscus my junior year of football. Now I just try to outrun deer unsuccessfully
grin.gif

Muddy, you are the man...congrats on tackleing the marathon...we'll be rootin for ya. I remember when you put your post on here a while back about how you ran a half marathon and you shed 30 pounds in the process....that motivated me to run...for about 2 weeks and I haven't run since. It sure is hard to keep at it when you work all dang day! Congrats to you.

For the stats...I was a runner in high school and college at ISU. Loved the heck out of it until I tore my right hip flexor running for time trails for the first indoor meet of the year at ISU...damn that hurt. Couldn't run full speed for almost a year so I hung it up since I was about to graduate.

Ran 200s, 400s, and 800s, and jumped high jump in high school....ah...the glory years.
grin.gif
What I wouldn't do to go back and do it all over again. For those of you in high school...don't EVER leave.
grin.gif

Shoot2Kill - Thanks, it's been tough keeping my chin up since starting the training, it's like a friggin second job... a second job that makes you even more tired and sore than usual.
crazy.gif

That's an impressive collection. No medals here and I've cut way back in recent years, but have two marathons, a half-dozen Dam-to-Dams, and a couple of Living History Farms runs under my belt, along with dozens of 5K and 10K runs.

Muddy, just stick with it, you can do it. If there's one thing I learned, it's eat something -- Power Gel or half a banana -- about the 10 mile mark so your tank doesn't run dry at 20 or 22 miles. And keep poundin' fluids the whole time.

I've been carrying water with me, havn't thought about food. Might start setting it out along the way, I know that since I've started carrying water how I've felt during the run has increased dramatically. Thankfully this is an easy week. 3 miles today, 7 tomorrow, 3 Thursday, and only 10 on Saturday.
smile.gif

Track season last year, we broke 8 new records, and one of the records has been there since 1981, and we beat it by 5 seconds. It was the 4*4 (our time was 3 minutes 52.4 seconds and record was 3 minutes and 57.9 seconds)

As I recall from my track days, my approach was 76' then jump and land on a nice soft cushion. Does that count as running?

I went out for track in Jr. High and still remember the taste of blood from coughing up a lung. I get my exercise these days from a stationary bike, less wear and tear on the hips/knees.

Last time I ran was during turkey season. Thought the old fella was gonna get back up and fly. (I was backing my buddy up, I unfortunately didn't kill a turk this year)

Ran a little in grade school but never could get motivated to run in circles for no reason. Ran from the cops a lot too when younger...
grin.gif

Top Bottom