Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Any tips from successfull bowhunters?

Bowhunt

I have learned alot about turkey hunting with a bow from the first year. The one thing I learned, you can not get even near as close to turkeys on the roost when you have a blind. I tried to set up the blind a couple of times too close, I know with a gun I would have been O.K., but a blind is just a little too much commotion when you want to get close. So either back out a little farther, or have it set up the day before.

here's a wile-e-coyote trick i do. if you have an open timber or you're sneaking in a field, set the blind totally up and walk inside it toward where you're hunting.

yes, it sounds stupid, but it works

i will also pick and choose good morning areas and clear areas for my blind. taking the blind out of the carrying case can also help you considerably. popping the double bull hubs can be pretty quite once you get used to it.

another way to go is if you trust the area you're going to be in, set the blind up the night before and leave it overnight. works like a champ.

Top Bottom