Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Anyone else see this yet???

Elitebowhunter

Was out for a drive (slow day at work) and came across this. I had heard that this guy was combining already and I had to see if it were true. Well, as you can see it is. We don't plan on heading to the field till the END of sept...not August. :thrwrck:

Imagine how much it will cost to dry it. It has to be 35-40% still. crazy

5846-img-20110831-00133.jpg

5846-320381_2366062949358_1183920040_32961741_7702897_n.jpg

Last edited:
Someone was getting a bit antsy... kinda like me and deer season. Except I haven't started early, unless you count driving around the country hoping to hit a deer to fill the freezer. ;)

maybe he has just that much ground????

or he wants to get to mexico before the snow flys.

weird.. I saw one field along I-80 that was cut yesterday, but it was a lot drier looking than that.. Other than that, around here it's just been a few chopped sileage fields and pioneer seed corn.

its been so dry that the ears are starting to fall off the stalk..thats pry what has him going so early IMO

can you say, Early season goose field? :way: Should be loaded up if there are any birds down that way. :way:

I heard a guy ran some south of us today that was only 26%.
I'm still not starting but its going to be quicker than we think.

Some farmers will cut silage this time of year, but that does look like it was combined, not cut for silage. So yes, that is pretty early.

It may also be a seed corn that is being harvested earlier, but no matter...it would be a good place for a layout blind!

This corn was chopped for silage

Not chopped for silage. They own no cattle. They were hauling it to the bin. Last year they started this early too and the stir-rater broke off inside the bin. They had almost all the corn in the bin rot. We chopped some for silage last week...

its been so dry that the ears are starting to fall off the stalk..thats pry what has him going so early IMO

We have had our fair share of moisture this year thankfully. 23" so far this year. Had a big 5 inch rain last week and 2 inches yesterday morning.
Sounds like a bad situation for you guys over on the eastern side of the state.

Not uncommon for a guy to get antsy. There has been some corn picked around me, and alot of down corn that has been chopped. The guy that picked the corn was 28%, which was the norm for 2009 corn.

flugge said:

Naw, not here in SW Iowa it's prob high moisture corn for cattle in a pit.

Top Bottom