Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

anyone had this happen ?

moosehunter

PMA Member
Last week I was out shed hunting and brought my old trusty Remington 22-250 just in case I came across a "yote". Sure enough, after an hour or so, trotting along the top of a ridge is a coyote about 50 yards out. I get the scope on him and follow him till he gets through a bunch of trees and brush. Now he stops at 25 yards and is looking away. "Click" goes my gun. I forgot to put a bullet in it. #*%&@#. Of course he takes off like a streak of s#*t and I lob one toward him and miss completly. If someone had been watching me they must have thought I was a couple short cause all I did then was start laughing at myself for being so stupid. I feel like a teenager......................
wstupid.gif

Seen it happen with a guy that I took turkey hunting. Loaded magazine but forgot to put one in the chamber. That click is pretty loud to a tom when he is around 15 yards away. He got away that day but wasn't so lucky 2 days later. I made sure he had the gun ready this time and I still ask him when I hunt with him as sort of a reminder.
rambo.gif

I did the same exact thing, i was about 14 and my buddies and i wanted to go coyote hunting at night with a full moon and snow. My two buddies and i grabbed my 22 and a mouth call and went to my treestand with a big fork in it. We were all sitting in this tree and i blew on the call and when i quit, i heard something and 25 yards away two coyotes came out into the field and stopped and looked for the dying rabbit. i put the crosshairs on the lead coyotes head and pulled the trigger. it went click, and i looked down and the clip was in but i didnt put a shell into the chamber. I felt so stupid, especially in front of my two good buddies who were doing the best they could bear hugging that tree i made them sit in. Luckfully for the coyotes they werent so stupid they ran out of sight without a shot even fired. Learned an important lesson, cant shoot anything with a unloaded gun. I will never do that again.

Years ago we used to float the Wapsi River in the Fall and fish and squirrel hunt our way down the river, it was a blast and always an adventure.

One time we spotted a squirrel bobbing in the branches above and we both quietly snuck out of the boat and crept through the itchweed and poison ivy in our underwear, it was particularly hot that day, and finally got to where we could shoot the little bugger... CLICK... CLICK!

Since we kept our guns unloaded while floating and we were so focused on being quiet getting out, neither of us loaded up. It was a double CLICK! Two dorks, instead of just one!
tongue.gif

Both of us started to snicker and then belly laugh, scaring the squirrel away for good. You are not alone!

Top Bottom