Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Anyone hunt NE Missouri?

G

GunnerJon

Just wondering if anyone out there hunts NE Missouri. I have hunted down there a few times but havn't tagged a bird (missed a big bird one year). I havn't been hunting down there for quite a while with all the hunting and calling that I do in Iowa's 4 seasons! Tons of birds, but man do they seem pressured!

I have hunted North Central Missouri, and the areas that I hunted in Mo get hunted more that here in Iowa. The birds were a little more call shy, but still managed to get one. Were you on public or private?

Bowhunt
My family owns some property and a cabin down there. The public ground close to us gets hit hard....and we always have people trespassing on us all the time......even with all the posted signs. I still love it down there, though....I just wish I could guarentee that I wouldn't have to kick people off while I am hunting! There is nothing like setting up on a nice big ridgetop on your own property and finding a fresh turkey shell and the backside of someone's spent turkey tag....

Gunner, we go down every spring and hunt Adair & Schuyler counties. You're right, there are lots of birds, and yes they are pressured. Makes it a little more of a challenge to call them, but it's just a super area to hunt. We hunt all private land, but they can still be tough to call.
grin.gif

Top Bottom