Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Anyone hunt with a trad. muzzleloader?

Flea

All this talk of inlines and such, has me feeling a little outnumbered. Anyone hunt with a traditional ML, either flint or cap, and does anyone build thier own?

I am not much of a gun hunter... but when I do you will always see me carrying my trusty 20 year old Hawken Style cap gun... iron sights and all... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Welcome to Iowawhitetail ! .... this site is addictive... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

I shot my first couple of muzzy bucks with an old cap gun. Switched over to a primer a couple years ago. I just got frustrated when it didn't go off on a good buck.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tlambert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I shot my first couple of muzzy bucks with an old cap gun. Switched over to a primer a couple years ago. I just got frustrated when it didn't go off on a good buck. </div></div>

Years ago I had a misfire on a doe... ever since then after I load my gun I take off the nipple and put a few granules of powder in the 'fire hole' beneath the nipple.... never had a misfire since... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Traditional flintlock for me but haven't had a tag left the past 10 years to use it. Fun to shoot though!

hoofline.gif

I hunted for years with various calibers in the side-lock models. I still have one that I shoot on occasion, I enjoy it. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

hoofline.gif

<span style="color: #000099">Would you like more information about becoming an iowawhitetail PMA or Life Member? &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; </span>Details Here!<span style="color: #000099">&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;</span>

I built 1 kit about 3 years ago, before that it was always a manu. rifle, now i just build my own. I built/rebuilt a CVA kentucky for my 7yo daughter, I built an early fullstock Hawken in .50 and also have a .62 barrel for it(this is the rifle I shoot all the time) I have built 3 pistols, a traditions kentucky(that will be rebuilt into an H.E. Leman fullstock) and am currently working on a Northwest tradegun(smoothbore) in .62/20guage for turkey this spring. It is definitley an addiction. I am already planning the next build, a flint longrifle, in .54 or .60 cal, still deciding on which particular school,though timeframe would be about 1790ish.

Top Bottom