Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Anyone shoot a Knight LK 93?

iowabucks

Hey everyone, i have owned a Knight LK 93, stainless barrel, with camo thumbhole stock for about 12 years now. I converted it over to a 209 primer gun maybe 9 years ago. It is in excellent shape with the barrel and everything else still very clean.

I know every gun shoots different than the next with different loads, but i was wondering what you LK owners have found to be the best load as far as accuracy goes?

I have tried at least 5 different bullet/powder combos and don't really think my gun is as accurate as it can be. I found mine shoots best with 100gr Triple Seven and a 250gr Barnes Red Hot Bullet. I think Knight packaged them for awile but i haven't seen them lately. This gives me a 2 1/2" group at 50 yards. Shouldn't it be better then that? 100 yard shot falls about 6" below that and their groups are at least 6 to 8" in size. If i remember right, long ago i tried a 150 yard shot on paper that looked like it dropped at least 18". Does that sound normal?

I always shoot from a rest at the range and also have a very good scope on it too. The barrel is clean as a whistle and i try to swab the bore every 2 to 3 rounds when practicing. Somehow i think it could shoot better. I have 4 different kinds of loads waiting to be tried when it warms up. 245gr Powerbelts, 250gr Knight Ultimate Slam, 240gr Hornaday XTP's, and 300gr Hornaday SST's. Can't wait to get out and throw some lead soon. I'm hoping to find some kind of load that shoots better then i have been so far.

What loads seem to work best in your LK 93's? (speaking from experience hopefully)

I have a Knight Wolverine LK-93 that is my backup gun. I bought that gun quite a few years ago for a good deal when a store was closing. It has the regular black stock and blued barrel. I converted it to primers as well.

From my experience that gun is a tack driver. From the bench it shoots just as good if not better than my knight disc extreme. I would say at 100 yards it is at 1.5inches or less groups depending on the day. I sight it in 3 inches high at 100 yards and the farthest I have killed with that gun is a touch over 180.

As far as bullet / loads I really haven't found one that shoots any better than the others. I have always shot 100-120 grains of loose Triple 7 or pyrodex. As far as bullets, i used the 250 grain barnes expanders 250 and 300 grains. I then used the Precision Rifle dead centers which seemed to shoot flatter. I have used the hornady XTPs which probably grouped the best but left poor blood trails. Right now we are using Cheap shot sabots in it because we got over 100 from our buddy and they shoot good out of it.

If I had to go hunting with it tomorrow I would load it up with a precision rifle dead center 240 grain bullet and 110 grains of Triple seven. It will shoot the bull all day long from the bench.

The only problem with the gun for me is it is way too light. I can shoot it from the bench fine but free hand not near as well as my disc extreme. I don't know what it is but it just doesnt have the feel for me. Between all my buddies and I though I bet that gun has killed 30 deer and just plain shoots.

I am thinking about buying a new muzzleloader here in the near future and trying to decide if I want to keep my disc extreme for a back up or sell it and keep my LK-93 as a backup. I almost leaning on keeping the LK-93 since it is a 50 cal and my disc is a 45 cal. The new gun I am going to buy is a 50 cal so I guess it would make sense to keep the LK-93

Goodluck figuring it out but that gun should shoot!! I know 4 other guys with the same exact gun and everyone of them is a tack driver!!

Your gun is well known as being one of the best "bang for your buck" guns ever produced. Throughout all your powder/bullet trials, have you had the same scope on the gun? Even with great scopes, sometimes you get a dud. I've seen it dozens of times!

Even with only 100 grains of powder, I don't think it should be dropping that much at those distances and I've owned 125dollar muzzleloaders that shoot inside 3 inches at 100 yards with almost anything I put through the barrel. I'd really look at the scope if I were you... Best of luck.

I have had this scope on the gun since i bought it. It's a Bushnell Trophy riflescope 3X-9X40mm. I do not have the money to buy another one right now bu i will see if i can get a loaner from someone i know to give it a try.

With the bullet dropping as much as it does at long range, that would make me think it's the gun more than the scope, but i will definately give it a try.

[With the bullet dropping as much as it does at long range, that would make me think it's the gun more than the scope, but i will definately give it a try. /QUOTE]

With groups that large, 2.5 at 50 and 8 at 100 yards, it's impossible to even guess what the actual drop is. Try it at 50 with the reg sights and see what it does. No need for a scope to shoot good groups at 50 yards. Then you'll know if it's a scope issue.

[With the bullet dropping as much as it does at long range, that would make me think it's the gun more than the scope, but i will definately give it a try. /QUOTE]

With groups that large, 2.5 at 50 and 8 at 100 yards, it's impossible to even guess what the actual drop is. Try it at 50 with the reg sights and see what it does. No need for a scope to shoot good groups at 50 yards. Then you'll know if it's a scope issue.

X2. Take the scope off and shoot a day with iron sites. You will be able to eliminate something by doing that. Either you will shoot better (bad scope), or you will shoot the same (bad gun). Let us know how it turns out.

Also make sure you Lock tite your scope down. I had troubles once and once I put lock tite on my bases & rings the problem was solved. I would definitely shoot it without a scope once.

Most sabots go down the barrel pretty tough, even after being cleaned. With your palm on the end of the ramrod it's not very easy. That sound normal? I thought the Knight barrels were supposed to be a hair on the loose side.

Should i be looking at some different thicknesses of sabots for better accuracy?

Should i be looking at some different thicknesses of sabots for better accuracy?

One thing at a time. Try the sights first, if that doesn't help, move on to another possibility. I seriously doubt the sabot is the problem.

Top Bottom