Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Archery Shop

turtlshell

PMA Member
I recently had the good fortune of being handed a new ROSS CR334 bow. It came in a 29in draw, a little long for my stubby arms. I'm in the process of buying the "goods" for this bow.

What I need is a shop where I can take it to have it fitted and put together. Anyone have any suggestions?

I usually hit up Fin and Feather in Iowa City. I'm thinking of going to Buck Hollow for this bow since they deal Ross bows there. The draw length adjustment on a Ross...well, I don't know where it is or how it works. I think it might take different parts, therefore I'm being moved towards a Ross dealer...and I'm not too fond of Scheels or those kinds of places.

Also, if I head to Buck Hollow I could hit up some crappies at Red Rock and/or catch a race at Knoxville.
I may have just talked myself into it.

I'm opposite of you, I've had nothing but bad luck at Fin and nothing but good luck at Scheels.

Buck Hollow is a favorite of many here on the site. The side option of a race or fishing would seal the deal for me.

Well, since you live in Polk City give Central Iowa Archery on Broadway a try. Brady deals with Ross bows and will do a great job.

Muddy, I've heard good things about Scheels in Coralville, but what I saw out at Jordan Creek in Des Moines was nothing shy of wrong. I'm no expert, but I know how I treat my equipment and how I'd like it to be treated. It should be noted that this was a one time eye witness account of one young employee...it's not to say everyone there is wrong, but I saw enough to make me steer clear.

I tried to look up Central Iowa online, but didn't find that much...maybe I'll have another look.

Look no further than up top in the Products/sponsors.
wink.gif

That's where I went, but it looks more like a retail store than a pro-shop.

I couldn't find any information about service. Maybe I need to try again.

Where is Buck Hollow? How far is that from Coralville? Who do you recomend for building arrows, in the Coralville area?

[ QUOTE ]
That's where I went, but it looks more like a retail store than a pro-shop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Give them a call/stop by, they are a full service store/shop. I was only in their store once. Bonker and I stopped in after picking up my bow from Boyd (had a new string put on and picked up a half dozen arrows). We were headed to a QDM meeting in Ankeny and Bonker was testing out all the latest bow models along the way.

I do have a full set of draw modules for the Ross CR bows and a set for the Cardiacs as well. Drop me a PM or give me a call and we'll get you hooked up with the right draw length. I'm only a mile from the lake so your line won't even have time to get dry while you stop in
cool.gif

Not only do you get great service at Buck Hollow but you also get to hear how Boyd got his battle wound.
grin.gif

(sorry Boyd but I had to do it)
grin.gif

Top Bottom