Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Arctic Shield Clothing

Maj

Has anyone used any of the Arctic Shield coats or bibs? I really like that they are not bulky but I'm worried they may be too thin to stay warm enough for long sits or late season. Thanks

I have the pants and the coldest, windyest day hunting last year sitting on stand last shotgun season the kept me warm. Don'w want to walk too far in them as you will sweat.

My wife bought me bibs and a jacket. The jacket has to be carried in. The clothes work well but no better than my usual 5 layers. You can cut down on the layers. However at 20 F with a wind I still got cold in spots. A few hand-warmers in strategic spots did the trick. Good underlayment, wool or fleece mid-layer, a vest and the bibs and jacket are about as good as it gets. A plus is that they are waterproof. So a drizzle at 39 with just 2 under layers will make you feel like toast. Two tips, if you sweat walking in they keep that moisture on you and you're going to get cold. Secondly zip and button the whole outfit as the working principle is it keeps the heat from your body sealed. They also tend to get a little stiff when its below 20 F. A very good tool especially for cold damp weather.

Top Bottom