Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Are Encore rifles good?

IaCraig

I plan to get a new muzzleloader in the next few months and the Encore system sounds good. But I would like ideas from anyone who has used them? Do the interchangeable barrels work as good as the concept sounds?

Thanks in Advance

IaCraig

IaCraig,
I like my encore much more then the knight I had,all I have is the muzzleloader barrel right now for it.

if you don't mind the 6 pound plus trigger pull of the encore then it isn't too bad. knight rifles have adjustable triggers but are set around 3 pounds which helps you imensely.i have had both and knight is the best blackpowder rifle of the 2.whatever you do make sure you try hogdon's new triple seven powder!it's awsome.

My son has the Encore muzzleloader which I have shot several times. It shots well, but the trigger pull is to heavy for my liking. I also didn't think that the stock length fits me the best, just didn't feel right. I have been shotting Knight Rifles with thumb hole stocks for many years now, so I may just have been use to the way they feel. Anyway, just wanted to say that I would not trade in my Knight rifle for an Encore.

I HAVE HAD MY S.S. 50 CAL ENCOREW/ SYN STOCK SINCE LAST SPRING. I AM VERY IMPRESSED WITH THIS GUN'S FEEL, AND SHOOTING ABILITY. I CAN'T GET MY CENTERFIRE RIFLES TO SHOOT GROUPS LIKE THIS GUN CAN. WITH THE RIGHT BULLET AND POWDER CHARGE IT'S A TACK DRIVER. KUDO'S ON THE 777 ALSO. THE BUTT STOCK IS DESIGNED SO IT FELLS LIKE IT'S GOT A KIND OF THUMBHOLE . EASY TO CLEAN AND TAKE APART. OUR GROUP BOUGHT FIVE GUNS AND WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO OUR IOWA TRIP FOR SECOND SEASON MUZZELOADING.
P.S. : THE INTERCHANGEABLE BARRELS ARE A NICE FEATURE, SEEMS THE 300 WIN MAG BULL BARREL IS VERY POPULAR AND IT GETS ALOT OF PRAISE FROM THE GUYS ON T.V. GOOD LUCK

I love my encore. Great groups at 200 yards just like advertised with my 50 cal barrel. I also have 2-250 barrel. Very nice set up. It only takes 1 trip to the gunsmith to fix the trigger pull for both barrels if you think it is to heavy. Plus Thomson Center has the best warrenty program going. They stand behind everything.

I have the t/c encore in 50 cal and it is a real shooter get sub 1" groups at 100 yards. Also have a 223 barrell and that is also very accurate not to mention you can change it out in 5 minutes and you have another rifle. Can't beat the flexibility. You can have a different barrell for every occassion and have it all without breaking the bank. Let's see Knight do that.

Now that it's been established that the T/C Encore is a great rifle, how about the T/C Omega? Has anyone tried it out yet? I am sooo tempted to buy one.

you can buy the barrels typically for $180-$240 depending on caliber and barrell length. You can also buy different forends and grips and use this as a singl shot handgun. There are also custom makers that will do barrels in just about any caliber. Check out foxridgeoutfitters.com, this is t/c custom shop that sells barrels. Natchezss.com is another great source and on any given day there are 30-50 listings on Ebay. This is by far the most versatile weapon that I know of. I also have a custom shop handgun in 35 whelen that will shoot 1" at 100 yards. 10" barrel. Versatility adds a whole lot of fun.

Top Bottom