Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Arrow Advice

R

ReleaseHunter

I have searched through the forums and did not find this question so I hope I am not duplicating a prior discussion. Here is my question:

I am getting back into archery and have a new bow. It is a Hoyt XT2000. The bow did not come with arrows and I have a dozen Easton XX75 2216 arrows from my previous bow. I know the new thing is Carbon arrows and I want to get Carbons, but if I can shoot the Aluminum's I have and use them up first, I want to do that and use the money I would spend on new arrows and instead purchase a new release. What is the advaantage to the carbons? Would you use the 2216's up first or junk them and buy Carbon's? The aluminum arrows that I have are brand new. I am looking for honest responses only please. Thanks in advance.

Shootem up bud there is not that much of a difference in carbons. Little more durable than the aluminum. Little speed change not enough to effect anything with the speeds our bows shoot today. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Shoot 'em up. Criters been killed by AL long before carbon.

My only suggestion would be check an arrow spine chart to see if they are correct for your current bow.

The 'Bonker

Thanks fellas. I know arrows don't come with a used bow,but this bow is just a couple years old. I will have to find a spine chart to see if my arrows will be ok with this bow.

What bow is it, there are no Hoyt XT2000's those are the model of the limbs, if you look on your riser right by the arrow rest there should be a name. I've shot carbon arrows for 6 years now and have no complaints, they either break or they're fine, no bending, nice if you hit bone on the way through, you'd ruin an aluminum arrow in a heartbeat.

It is an Ultra Tech. My only concern is if the XX75 2216 arrows will be ok with this bow.

Found the info on the Easton site and looking at the Spine Chart, my arrows are a a little light for this bow. Guess I will be getting carbons!

RH,
You've already dealt with Boyd for the bow so it may come as no surprise that his arrow prices are right there with the best of them. Plus, he'll know exactly what arrow is tried and true through that bow. If you really feel adventurous, get a Bitzenberger jig and start making your own after a consultation with the aforementioned Gunrunr on which components to buy.

Thanks Iowabowtech. Boyd has got my business for life. In fact, I am referring as many as I can to him and have a buddy coming down from the Marshalltown area to buy a new Bowtech. I would really like to start making my own arrows and have been looking at some different fletching jigs, arrow cutting machines, deburrers, etc... I have been watching eBay on all these items and also for bow presses, which I have another question. Do you need a special bowpress for the split limb bows or just an attachment? I have an area set aside in my basement for an archery area.

Top Bottom