Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Arrow Length ??

spinefxr

PMA Member
When talking about the length of an arrow, does the measurement include the nock, or just the bare shaft?
shrug[1].gif

From the nock where BW said up to where the shaft meets the insert. The insert is not included in the length.

when we cut arrows down we measure from the little groove where the knock clips onto the strin to the end of the shaft minus the insert.

You'll want to take a measurement from the valley of the nock to the tip of the shaft.

we measured from end of nock to end of shaft minus the insert. Not the valley of the nock. We found it was easier to cut multiple shafts if we just set the nock in a wider jig. Long as the shop or you at home measure them b4 you cut they will always be consistant.

Well, call me thick headed but I'm not understanding that thinking. I'm not saying your wrong but I've never heard of anyone determining the measurement of a shaft by measuring from tip of the nock ears to the tip of the shaft. Depending on the type of nock your shooting, that would misrepresent your actual shaft length by anywhere from 1/4 to 3/8 of an inch. Someone help me out here!
confused.gif

You might be right, I/we may be wrong...if we took the customers word for how long their arrows were to be cut. We either took a measurement of one they brought in, or custom cut their first after marking it in their bow at full draw.

Arrow length can be debated, or can be coppied. Take an arrow, or better yet, your bow with you and have them cut "one like this" or "one to fit this". This is how we do it when we have 15-20 dozen arrows to cut and/or fletch just before hunting season arrives.

BTW, if you have one coppied, you can't forget how long your arrows are(mad customer when you get home and your memory fooled with you.
blush.gif
).

Top Bottom