Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Arrow question

flugge

Ok, I know this question has been asked before..but can you overspine an arrow...Because I am looking at getting new arrows, and the guide says for lentgh and poundage I am shooting, go to with the 7595 shafts, and Im only shooting like 62 lbs..its that correct then? I dont want to buy a new dozen and then they be underspined either..thanks

I just switched to Blazer's and like them so far, but haven't had them too long. The Quickspins' durability sucks.

My guess is you either have a long draw length and/or heavy tip weight. Either of these factors would require a stiffer spine for your draw weight.

If you know exactly what you need for arrow length and tip weight I'd go by what you've found.

[ QUOTE ]
the guide says for lentgh and poundage I am shooting,

[/ QUOTE ]

When looking at the guide make sure you are looking at ARROW LENGTH and not figuring in DRAW LENGTH, and then your poundage. Common mistake when selecting arrows, guys/gals use their draw length and arrown length, which for some is completely different.....

Also it is better to be a little stiff then being weak
grin.gif

I have another question... If i have a 29 in. draw length... what should my arrow length be?? it seems to me that my arrows may be too short.. then again maybe not.. just always wondered that! I shoot dead on with what i have tho! But have always wondered what my arrow length should be if my draw length is 29 in.?!?

[ QUOTE ]
I have another question... If i have a 29 in. draw length... what should my arrow length be?? it seems to me that my arrows may be too short.. then again maybe not.. just always wondered that! I shoot dead on with what i have tho! But have always wondered what my arrow length should be if my draw length is 29 in.?!?

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever you feel confortable with and also matters what broadhead you shoot, if you go to short and you shoot a large diameter BH then the BH will hit the bow shelf when you draw.

I shoot a arrow that is 1.5"s shorter then my draw length, gives me a little stiffer arrow, plus a lighter arrow also.

Good good good.. im alrite then! I have a drop away rest and it clears my muzzys of the bow shelf!! Im all good to go! Thanx!!

Top Bottom