Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Arrow question

rc10pt

I'm currently shooting an Easton HIT a/c super slim 400 arrow I am going to be in need of some new arrows. I really like these arrows but they are no longer available. What are some arrows that would be very similar that you guys recommend? My local shop has been pushing gold tips, I see they are quite a bit lower priced than the eastons/carbon express/beemans anybody use them and if so what do you think compared to the others (other than the obvious price diff). I shoot slick trick broad heads and I love the current set-up I have so would prefer not to change it up much. Thanks

I've used GT Traditional 3555 for the past 4 years and have no complaints. I have found + .003 to be much more consistent than the + .006. In addition, the factory blems are rabbit sticks. I won't try them again. The 3555 are 8.6 gr per inch. The 5575 are 9.6 gr per inch. I shoot a 150gr head. In buying nocs, they have to be .241 or .242 to fit properly. You should be able to get those most anywhere.
I have friends who've shot GT Expedition Hunters for years in their wheel bows for both 3D and big game using lighter heads.

GOLD TIP XT HUNTERS 8.9 gpi for the black shafts, 10.2 in APG or Lost Camo. They hit like a train and tough as nails. Ive shot the same ones for 2 seasons, Lost 1 but never broke any. Not sure what you pay now for a dozen but they are very reasonable. The expedition hunters are good for the budget friendly guy. Try em, you won't be dissapointed. Also they have a velocity series and Kinetic series.

Ive shot GT Xt's and now I actually shoot Expedition Hunters. 7595 Heavy spine arrow that hits hard. Very rarely do I not get a pass thru even through opposite side shoulder with Rage Broadheads.They cost about a 1/3 of your big name arrows.

If you like the slim shafts of the Eastons. they still make the Epic ST.

I've heard good things about Gold Tips, but I shoot the Epic N-fused and they are a great arrow, also. The only ones that have broken on me were because I missed the target completely one day and hit a rock instead.

I was in need of arrows too and went from Gold Tip Pro Hunters to the Gold Tip Kinetics. They are a slimmer arrow and a little heavier per inch. So far so good.

Top Bottom