Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Arrow Rests

BowHunter84

Tomarrow, i plan on purchasing a mathews legacy, i want to get a really nice arrow rest but im not sure what i want to get yet, i have been looking at the wisker buicut style rests, anyone use these that would be able to tell me if they are any good or not? So what is good? Also, does anyone use the trophy ridge sights? Are those any good? Thanks for your input ladies and gents.

I use the whisker biscut and love it.

1. It don't matter where the cock feather is on your arrow.

2. It will hold your arrow in shooting position all the time. You can turn your bow upside down if ya want and the arrow will not fall off.

Draw backs :

1. I had to use black finished arrows cause the camo ones made too mush noise on the draw.

2. You have to put a tiny glob of fletch tight at the front of every vain. They are tough on vains or fletching.

Hunthunter 84,
The whisker biscuit will get the job done, simple and easy, holds the arrow in place, no worrie's..but if you plan on shooting any other kind of archery(3d's target)you may want to think about another rest,,Most mathew's target shooters have the a Trophy Taker on there bows,,One heck of a hunting setup too..get the job done in the field and on the course...

Now I ain't good to say about the Trophy Ridge site but they look good, the darn things move,,even the new ones, sorry,, I seen to many people come in the shop and say,,How can I stop this from moving(looks nice,, i even bought one last year)sold it..Here the deal on a good hunting site,,can you drop your bow 6
Feet and the site still be in one piece and not move???now that a hunting site I would buy and throw my bow aroung for three months and not wrench on it!!!
wink.gif
That's what I think about when buying a hunting site,,and remember all this stuff will be with you a long time so buy top of the line, it pay for itself in the long run

The Hood

Wow im not sure this help much any, I think what im going to do, is buy the bow tomarrow (if i like it) and wait on the sight and arrow rest, i want to research and find out what is going to work best, What is a trophy Getter? haha

The Trophy Ridge sights sometimes move if you use the 'no tools' screws on them. If you use the regular old allen wrench head screws they won't go anywhere. As far as the sight pins moving, neither one of mine have moved and I'm not very nice to my equipment. Sure they'll move when locked if you put tons of pressure on them enough but simple shooting isn't going to move them anywhere. If something moves on them then the company will take care of it and replace either the pin or the sight. The only times I've heard of pins moving on the Trophy Ridge is when a guy came into our shop complaining and then he said he bought it on EBAY and didn't look into if the sight was new and it turned out to be used and stripped out so it was a previous owner who screwed up the sight.

Another option you might look at would be the Impact Archery sights or the HHA vertical pin sight, both gather lots of light (like the trophy ridge) and are durable. Go to a pro shop and try them out and decide for yourself.

Hey muddy
I broke down and bought a legacy, wow it is so quite, i think i can hear my arrows soar threw the air now! its very smooth!
Not is light as i thought it would be, but that is well ok with me. The best part about the bow i dont have to sacrifice speed to get a quiter bow!

Cool, sounds like a good bow. What sight and rest did you put on that machine?? I can see you didn't sacrifice any $$$ for the bow so don't skimp out and put some POS accesories on there!! I see you're from Dubuque, I'm origionally from the Maquoketa area, I can hook up with ya and show ya my Trophy Ridge if ya wanted to ( I'll be home all this week on vacation to chase bucks with my muzzlelozader) As you can tell I really like them, especially right at dusk and dawn, they glow like mad!! Anywhoo, congrats on the new bow.

Well, they managed to talk me out of the trophy ridge, all they had were the ones that require no tools, and you had said they sometimes can moove on you. He also mentioned to me that if you shoot fixed blades that sometimes they will hit the optic bands at the bottom of the sight. Is this true? I think that you said you use muzzys so you could tell me. The guy that sold me the boy seemed to not know what he was tlaking about, so i just got some basics to get started with, as monday morning im going to go talk to my buddy down at the bait shack lol.
I ended up with a tru glow sight. My buddy shoots it and seems to like it. As for the rest i got a Nap Quik Tune Pro Series. im not sure if these are good or not, can you give me some feed back on them?

As long as you pay attention to detail while setting up your bow you shouldn't have any trouble with hitting the fiber optics on Trophy Ridge. BUT it can happen if you're not careful. As far as the no tools sight they were wrong, each TR sight comes with the allen screws inside the package to use if you don't want to use the "no tools" screw thignys. I do shoot Muzzy's and I have plenty of clearance between the optics and the broadhead. I also shoot a Quicktune rest and for the simplicity of it, I love it. TruGlo sights are just fine, I think you're set up ok and as long as the rest is tuned correctly you should be fine. Good luck.

Top Bottom