Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Awesome Hunt !

bowman

Super Moderator
I took my wife on her second turkey hunt on Firday. She hunted last year but the weather was poor and she did not get a shot. Friday morning we set up within 100 yards of a roosted Tom. He was the only gobbler in the area (gobbling anyway) and we did not hear any hens. When he flew down I gave him a few yelps and he gobbled back, only 50-70 yards away. The next thing that we heard was his wings dragging, in strut less than 5 yards from the blind. He ran to my decoy set up and I could hear my wife's breathing speed up. He put on quite a show going in and out of strut and the entire time I was trying to get him to periscope his head and she was trying to shoot. At fifteen yards she shot, and missed
doah.gif
and to her dismay, I got the whole thing on video. She later told the story to the others saying that her breathing was heavy, her heart was racing, and her contacts didn't seem to be focussing. She summed it up by saying that she would rather have had that Tom come in, just like he did, and missed, than to have not seen the show that he put on.
waytogo.gif
I had a blast being there with her. We've been together for 13 years and I never dreamed that she would hunt anything. The only thing that could possibly be more fun than this will come when my children are old enough to hunt with me!

Bowman

Congratulations! It can't get much better even had she gotten the bird. A lot of those kind of experiences are more memorable and special because of the miss, and she will always remember the rush and panic and exileration all at the same time. Good job!

That is what it is all about. As close to catch and release as you can get! That video is going to be enjoyed for a long time! Great story.
waytogo.gif

Great Story Bowman. I can only get my wife out about 1 day a season ( due to schedules) and she won't hunt them but she loves to hear and see them stroll in.

Top Bottom