Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Awesome Weekend

Big Timber

This weekend I had one of my best hunts ever even though I didn't draw my bow. I saw between 30-35 deer within a half an hours time. Seven of the deer were bucks, but all too young for my liking. The bucks were still in their bachelor groups and the does came in a large group. The stand I was in is about 25 feet high and throughout the half hour, not a single deer winded me or looked in my direction. Also, 4 out of the 7 bucks were sparring. Two of them would spar while the other two watched, and then vice-versa. Not only were the bucks fighting but the does were fighting also. I have never seen does fight before, but I think it's almost as brutal if not more then bucks fighting. Actually, it was hilarious!
Out of the seven bucks, the largest was a small basket 8-point. Otherwise they were all smaller or had deformities with their racks. I kept waiting and waiting for a larger buck but he never showed up. Even though I didn't shoot or see a large buck I was impressed with the early activity.

That night I also went out and saw around six more deer. All six came out of the corn like in the movie field of dreams. The deer would get up around 30yds into the corn and stop. Then after a few minutes they would slowly start leaving the corn field. The does exited first and then the bucks. After the last buck came out I heard another deer stand up. I could see his top of his tines but by the time he came close enough to see it was dark. I'm going to assume he was rather large because he did not exit the corn until after dark. Anyway, i'm rambling on but I just thought I would share my experience with you guys. Well see what happens this weekend....

BT

Top Bottom