Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bachelor group

vike4life

PMA Member
I just saw an awsome bachelor group last night! Two real nice 8's and a monster 12
shocked.gif
They were in the beans feeding. We watched them for about ten minutes just about the time we were going to leave. I saw another nice wide 8 come out of the timber as I started the vehicle up to go another large racked buck jumped up out of the beans and headed for the timber. 5 big bucks (that I saw) the smallest 8 couldn't of been less then 120-130. Man I was having fitfull dreams last night. I gotta go talk to a land owner today!!

Were they still in velvet?

We are getting daily reports of bucks being spotted.

This is a big week going into the weekend, we will start to see more and more hard horns.

TLH

August and November are when my notes tell me I see the most and the biggest bucks of the year.
I also saw another group of bachelors last night but one particularly big buck with spilt brow tines is still around,been watching/hunting him for 3 yrs. all still velvet.
Pupster

TLH-
It didn't look like the big 12 had any velvet but a couple of the 8's looked like they did. I went around tonight and saw nothing but does. I wonder what it was about last night, maybe just luck. If only I would of had a camera.
rolleyes.gif

I seen 3 big 8 pointers in a group 3 nights ago, one was a real nice buck, and I seen a decent 6 pointer tonight.They all were still in full velvet.

My brother finally got some photos developed that we took about a month ago of one bachelor group. In it was one really dandy 10 pointer with about an 18" spread. He was the big boy. Unfortunately, the pics of him didn't turn out too well. There were also 2 8s..one with a 17" spread and another with a 12-13" spread. Saw a 120 class 10 pointer on way home tonight that was still in velvet.

Last year I saw lots of seperate bachelor groups around this time. This year I've seen only 1. I haven't been able to do as much scouting but only 1 has me discouraged. The good thing about the group is that there was a 4x4 and 2 5x5, one maybe 130-140 and the other one was a hawg. The wee all still in full velvet.

Top Bottom