Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

bad news for iowa.

T

tejay

this moringing afeter my Emergancy room incedent i had the scanner on. and in polk county iowa. a hunter was shot while he was hunting on his nebors land. and that all i know for now i will post more info when i hear of it....

polk county, iowa. 2 incidents. A hunter was discovered dead in the Chichaqua Wildlife Area near Elkhart on Saturday. The Department of Natural Resources attributed the death to an accidental self-inflicted gunshot wound.

Another group of hunters found the body.

Gerald J. Williamson, 44, of Des Moines, was killed when his shotgun accidentally discharged and hit him.

The DNR is still investigating the death

SAME THING JUST MORE INFO...DES MOINES, Iowa -- State officials are investigating four hunting-related injuries and one death that occurred over the weekend.

The body of Gerald Williamson, 44, of Des Moines, was found Saturday at the Chichaqua Wildlife Area near Elkhart. The Polk County Sheriff's Office said Williamson was hunting pheasants alone when he accidentally shot himself.

The Department of Natural Resources said three other men and a 13-year-old boy were accidentally shot while hunting. Authorities said the injuries are minor.

Top Bottom