Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bass Tournament..Where are they at??

ehallagan

Hey Guys,
I am fishing a Bass Tournament on Desoto Bend in Missouri Valley Iowa, and wondering what the bass are doing in other parts of the state? Im guessing the water temp is around 61 degrees or so, but what depth and with what are most of the fish being caught on. For those who arent familiar with Desoto it is a 7 Mile oxbow with a maximum depth of 26 feet and an average of 8-10. Thanks for the input any will help thanks.

fishing has been tough for us.

3 tourneys and we have weighed only 3 fish..... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif

most fish are shallow, and very full of eggs, be careful while handling the females.

if there is hardbottoms in the lake you are fishing spend time pitching jigs and tubes, especially if the bank has overhanging trees. Jig'N pigs in the wood seem to be the ticket right now. dirty water, go big and black or purple. if the water is clear punkinseed and green seems to be producing well.

Lip-less cranks along wind-blown rocky ledges and jetties, also natural colors that flash a lot have worked well for us.

and if you pick up one fish, dont move on, keep casting and when you think you casted enough, cast again.... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Pick a part the structure with numerous casts, with this colder water the fish need to get pi$$ed at the bait.

Most water temps are ranging between 55-65 degrees, which is still slightly cold this time of year in Iowa.

like i said, the fishing is tough right now, but can only get better. Keep at it and you will find them.....

thats what i keep telling myself....
/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Good luck!!

Top Bottom