Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Best bang for your buck (Climber stand)?

Scooonie

Looking to purchase a new climber soon. Would love some advice before I go out to make a purchase. I want something light, easy to use. And able to use with a camera setup. What do you think the best options are?

I just baught a Gorilla Greyback something or other is it is pretty sweet. Folds up nice and flat and only weighs 19lbs and comes with nice padded backpack straps. I probably would have looked at a Summit or an API but this was on sale in Cabela's Bargin magazine for $120 so I couldn't pass it up. I am also trying a LW with sticks this year as it should be more versatile. There are a lot of nice ones out there Gorilla, API, Summit, LW...research as many as you can an pick on that fits you the best.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gundog870</div><div class="ubbcode-body">lone wolf hand climer.</div></div>

I saw 2 of them at Gander the other day, I think they were on sale.

When I bought my climber several years ago, I wanted 2 things: quality and comfort. I found both of those in the Summit Goliath. The seat is extremely comfortable and I make numerous dark to dark, 12 hour sits in it each year. Not necessarily the lightest stand to carry in the woods or the cheapest for that matter, but the quality and comfort is amazing.

I had a summit viper and it was extremely comfortable. Sold it though as I spent more time looking for a tree it would work on than actually hunting. Rarely did I get to hunt where I wanted; rather where a suitable tree would let me hunt. I was always compromising. I would recommend a Lone Wolf hang on and a set of Lone Wolf sticks.

Top Bottom