Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Best Iowa Outfitter?

tped, a group of us have hunted with j&s since he started his outfitting at sundown.we took some nice buks with him. good hunt. you would think the rut hunt was tuff everywhere but we were on the otherside of the river same week you were and when we took a deer over to the local taxidermist he said he has never seen so many big bucks come in as this year.(170+) i think he said he caped 15 and 5 of them in the 200" class including my buddies 202 n.t.those whitetails are hard to figure out.nrrick

nrrick, By other side of the river. I assume you mean Illinois? Have also heard that things were better there than in Iowa or Missouri this year. Obviously from the posts on this site things were slow during the bow season and perhaps even the first shotgun season. I expected alot more rut activity during the middle of Nov. and jsut didn't see it. Many does in groups and small bucks chasing. The big boys were not participating. Just waht I saw and heard about.

i think that you are all wrong on this one. I think that Scheels is the best outfitter ever, in the world. They have everything the hunter could want. The only better places that arent around here are Cabelas and Bass Pro.

Brad:

I don't want to sound like a bragger. But I go on at least 3 guided bowhunts a year. Mostly species other than whitetails. Beware of outfitters that like to show celebrities in their promotions. Been there seen and done it. Good example was a turkey hunt in upstate NY that I took my father on. There is a big outfitter that has been on ESPN, Jimmy Houston etc. A good friend told me of a young guy who was an awesome guide and knew the land better than anyone and leased all the adjacent land around this big outfitter. Well I hired him and needless to say we both tagged out in 2 days, paid half the price, and the film crew down the road hadn't recorded a kill. So do your homework. By no means is Iowa a guarantee. Your biggest enemy will be the weather.

bweileind12345 or whatever, pay attention to what is being wrote and responed to in these forums or go back to school.

Top Bottom