Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

BIG BOYS???

Critter

Life Member
ANYONE SEEN ANY "BIG BOYS" OUT CRUISING AROUND YET? I'VE BEEN WATCHING A-LOT OF 2 1/2 YEAR OLD BUCKS THE LAST 5 OF 6 DAYS, BUT HAVEN'T SEEN ANYTHING OF ANY REAL SIZE YET. LAST NIGHT I WATCHED 3 SMALL BUCKS WRESTLE AROUND FOR TEN SOLID MINUTES RIGHT UNDER MY STAND. I WAS VERY SUPRISED TO WATCH ONE OF THE BUCKS STARING AT THE TREE TOPS AS HE MOVED, I WONDER IF HE HAD A PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE WITH A BOWHUNTER, OR IF ITS SOMETHING HE WAS TAUGHT TO LOOK FOR. EITHER WAY, I CAN'T SAY ENOUGH ABOUT MY SCENT LOCK SUIT, I WOULD HAVE BEEN BUSTED LAST YEAR WITHOUT IT.
SEEMS LIKE I DON'T ACTUALLY SEE ANY REAL WALL-HANGERS UNTIL THE LAST WEEK OF OCTOBER AT LEAST. ANYONE ELSE HAVE A CERTAIN TIME OF THE YEAR THAT THEY THINK MATURE BUCKS START TO MOVE MORE IN THE DAYLIGHT HOURS?

There finally starting to get enough crops out around my stand and Im starting to see quite a bit of movement. L ast night I had a big one headed towards my stand but my nieghboring hunter who thinks all the deer our his, drove his stinking fourwheeler as close as he could to my stand without tresspassing and the acted like it broke down. Then he started it five or six times until the deer went the other direction. sorry about that I lost my temper for a second. Yes ive been seeing some pretty big deer move about 45 min before sunset but they cant seem to get any piece around here.

Dblmainbeam, There are laws to keep dorks like that guy off your back. Check into the Hunter Harassment laws, it may give you an edge.

Sunday mourning I was lucky enough to see two mature bucks bumped from their bedding area. Too bad I was in my truck and not in my stand. Other then that, the majority of bucks i've seen have been younger immature ones. Can't wait till rut!

BT

My dad saw a big 170 class typical Friday morning around 8. He was with 2 small bucks and got to about 40 yards but that was it. I haven't seen a deer with anything but a basket rack yet, and thats the only one we've seen although we've got picks of at least 3 bucks that would score 140 at least.

November 10-20 are magic times for the big ones up north here.They lose some of that nocturnal caution for a bit.Can't wait!

woods

Top Bottom