Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

? Blind Sow

O

Ollie

Doug,

I just reviewed the 2002 deer/turkey regulations. Under the section of free landowner either sex tags, it specified that the tag could be requested for all of the various gun/muzzleloading seasons but did not mention that a tag could be requested for the archery season. Is this a misprint, or have the regulations changed so that landowners can no longer get a landowners either sex archery tag?

Thanks.

John

Second question, is there a minimum amount of land you have to own to get a landowner tag? I know the deer has to be taken on the land the tag was intended.

I just bought 7.5 acres and will be building a home on it next year but this fall is looking sweet with deer sign. The land meets the 200 yard distance from other person's buildings (barely).

Wife will kill me if I hunt anything after the house is built. For some reason they become pets when you see them out your window.

John

Sorry it took so long to get back with you but I thought I'd better check with Des Moines on your question.

I just finished talking with Terry Little and he said that not listing a L/O tenent free archery license in the regulations was an omission. Terry also thought the omission was in last year's regs and that they had specifically made sure it was listed this year--but apparently it wasn't done. It is legal to get a L/O tenent free archery tag.

BugleMIn

Iowa has no minimum acreage requirement for landowners at this time. The officers have been talking with our leaders in Des Moines about this topic but it's not on the front burner as a priority.

Doug Clayton

State Conservation Officer

Blind Sow,
Although I've always kinda sat back and listened to the conversations that go on in the site, lately I've felt compelled to participate. For years now I've found the advice on the site comes from knowledgable people with real experience. The knowledge you bring to this site is second to none, you answers are very accurate, and concise. I'm sure I speak for everyone that you bring a very nice dimension to this website!
Thanks
Pupster

Buglemin - I am not disagreeing with Blind Sow, however I'd advise you to call the game warden in your district because some Conservation Officers watch this close. And as I have learned some game laws are open to the interpretation of the presiding officer. There are some regs as to what is on the land to whether or not you can qualify for a free license, I believe you need a cash crop or CRP, etc. I also know some wardens go visit the people who have free landowner tags to verify their land does qualify.

Have fun

IaCraig

Top Bottom