Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

blinds

C

cityhick87

has anyone built there own turkey blind? If so how did you make it?

Back in the days when nobody sold them, I bought some camo material and made a pop can shaped frame out of 1/2" PVC pipe. It had 3 outer rings and 6 supports that snapped into holes drilled in the top an bottom ring joints. The 3 foot long pieces were all joined by an 8" piece of 3/4" PVC that was pop riveted on one end of the 1/2" pieces. It was free standing and had sleeves sewn on the inside of the material to keep the pipe in place. A very crude prototype by todays standards, but served me well for about 15 years before I retired it.

Will see if I can get a picture thru, been a while.

missed_3_times.jpg

[This message has been edited by BW (edited 02-20-2002).]

thats close to my idea but i wasn't sure how well it would work.Is this blind portable. like a fold up or is it hard to move around. thanks for the idea.

My buddy and I made a blind similar to that one. We chose 2 trees in a spring time roosting area and then built it in the winter time. It sort've resembles a fort now, we used 8 fence posts and hogwire for the frame. Then we literally wove sticks and branches and anything else we could find into the wire. After it was impenitrable we stacked old logs and such around the base since we purposefully built if up so I could stand in it. We put burlap and other camo material zip tied to the inside to eliminate the birds seeing us through the branches. The top is about 6 1/2 foot tall and we can hunt 3 people VERY comfortably out of it. It's a turkey mansion basically. We learned the hard way that you need to take the canvas top down over winter otherwise snow accumulates and busts it down! My buddy has harvested 2 birds from the blind and his Dad uses it for deer hunting.

Of course a person would want to ask permission before putting up a turkey condo like this but it was on my buddy's land and the arm twisting was minimal. =)

Top Bottom