Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

bow experts advice !!!!!!!

moosehunter

PMA Member
OK. After all the quality bucks I saw this fall during the blackpowder season I've decided to take up bow hunting again. The last time I went was about 8 years ago and alot has changed since then. I need some advice on some good bow's and equipment that won't break the bank. I know I need to go to a proshop for help on size and all that, but could use some help on what is the best bang for the buck so to speak..........
confused.gif

Mathews, Of Course! No, they are not cheap, but well worth the money.

I would suggest you go to a Pro Shop and since you are going to use them to size your draw length, buy a bow setup from them. Some offer used bows, that include sights, quiver etc.

The bow is one thing but you can spend $200 on all the accessories, like a good rest, quiver, silencers, stabilizer and arrows, then broadheads. You need a dozen arrows to start with.

Buying one from them will give you the opportunity to have their advice at your disposal anytime you go in there. They won't be apt to help you (as much) if you come in with a new bow purchased elsewhere and ask for help.

Also they usually give you free range time for a month or so after you buy the bow.

It is alot cheaper ordering off the internet, but if you are starting out you need expert advice to get it setup right. Within 3 hours you can be shooting 5 inch groups at 20 yards. I know people who can't do that after shooting for 10 years, cuz they don't have their bow tuned or use correct arrows.

Hitting a 5 inch circle is whole nother matter when it is on a live deer with big bone sticking out of his head.

I have no connection to any pro shop, nor did I recommend a certain bow, just gave plain good advice.

I have had a Browning a couple of Golden Eagles and now a Mathews. I was always a critic of Mathews until I shot one. I have never been as accurate as I am with the Mathews and my Trophy Hunter sight. I shoot the SQ2, very quite and very fast, not cheap
frown.gif
. They start around $390 with the FX and go up from there. I figure for that kind of money, it has to last for at least 5 seasons. This is my second season with my SQ2 and I am 4 for 4 deer, 2 for 3 turkeys and 0 for 1 elk (5x5 RATS!).

Good luck in your search. My biggest suggestion is to go to the shop and try some out.
wink.gif

Sorry guys I had a little senior moment. That would be a Trophy Ridge sight not Trophy Hunter.

By the way BugleMIn has given great advice. The Mathews works for me but it may not work for you. Try all the brands you can and decide what fits you the best.

If you are just getting back in the sport, I would try to get My hands on a Parker Hunter Mag Outfitter. It is going to retail for ~$429.95. This comes with everything you need except broadheads. It actually comes "boresighted" to 20 yards from the factory. Just go to www.parkerbows.com to find your closest dealer. Go in and get measured and they will get you all set up. Every accessory is name brand, top selling stuff, sight, release, arrows, quiver, rest, and the bow carries a lifetime warranty. I hate to sound like a salesman, but this is why this bow was designed. It takes the work out of buying a bow.

I have to agree with Parkerman...because.... thats exactly what I did. I LOVE it!! I wouldnt recommend it if I didnt. I see you are from NE Iowa , as I am. There is a good shop right here around Edgewood.Full Draw Archery,check it out...you"ll probaly like it,ALOT!!

Top Bottom