Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bow holder in the blind

deerhunter93

Any suggestions for a bow holder for in the turkey blind? I realized that's fairly important after hunting without one. Are the bowstix worth the money? Or just get something that stakes into the ground?

Any suggestions for a bow holder for in the turkey blind? I realized that's fairly important after hunting without one. Are the bowstix worth the money? Or just get something that stakes into the ground?

Just bought a set it bow stix a few weeks ago and I love them. A must have in grind blind and hunting from ground

These are what I use. You can buy them at Bass Pro in Des Moines relatively cheap hang them on a rod on the roof of your blind plus it swivels.

I use a hook out of a bungee strap... hang it on the roof... I do also have sticks that you can push into the ground to hold it, just never seem to adjust quite right for me

I use a hook out of a bungee strap... hang it on the roof... I do also have sticks that you can push into the ground to hold it, just never seem to adjust quite right for me

I gave up on the ground stakes too…a real pain. I fashioned up a couple of hooks similar to the bungee idea and my son and I each threw 1 in our backpacks. We hunt from several different blinds that are set up throughout most of the season in key areas, so this way we always have the hanger with us.

NWBuck

I use the push into ground one. Bow is completely off the ground/mud if you happen to pop up your blind every time. Suppose you could set your can on something instead of bar ground with the expensive sticks route

Sent from my XT1030 using IW

I use a cheap ground stake, but have considered using something like the bow stix. Seems I always have to put mine in the ground at an angle to counter the weight of the bow, so it doesn't fall forward. I have the Bow Jaws for my hang on stands (has rotating fork to adjust the angle of the bow), but never got a ground stake for it since I already had this other one. Also, I've sometimes had trouble getting the bow out of the ground stake if I don't rotate it enough to let the limb clear the fork of the stake, but I suppose that is just user error (usually caused by focusing more on the animal coming in and rushing). My blind has/had a hanger of some sort built in, but I've never used it and actually don't know if it is still there or not. Don't think I really trusted it to hold the bow and also thought the blind might shake when trying to unhook it. Bought it several years ago so don't remember exactly why I never started using it.

I prefer to grind my into the dirt, and then sometimes poke holes in the side of my blind if I leave an arrow loaded.

Top Bottom