Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

bow strings

J

jason

I've owned my bow for about 4 years now, and i haven't put a new string on it. Am i due for one?? How can you tell when u need a new one? Will a new string make it shot different???
Thanks

depending on how much you use it but the pros say once a year there isnt to many things worse than breaking you string on a monster buck

A quality zero stretch and twist string makes a huge difference, less frequent tuning and it eliminates peep alignment problems. I'd recommend a Winner's Choice or 450+ string. They may cost a bit more up front but it is well worth the investment.

On more tip: For about $5 you can add a Teflon buss cable slide to drastically reduce friction related buss cable wear, especially on Hoyts.

I'd recommend putting a new string and cable on your bow...4 years is kind of pushing it. Take a look at Winner's Choice, they are worth the extra $$. I have them on both my bows, but I went with BCY 8125...very little stretch and I had them broke in after about 50 shots each.

I've always changed my strings every year and my buss cables every other year.

http://www.winnerschoicestrings.com/

I would also agree with Dirt Esox on the teflon cable slide...smoother and quieter.

TB

Replace that string man, you never know when bad thigns will happen. Where I work we recommend replacing them every year if you shoot A LOT and every 2 years if you don't. If your string is starting to have small fraying in areas it's better to take care of the problem before it becomes a problem. Chances are your string has stretched and if it breaks it could throw your bow outta whack and you'll probably have to "fine tune" your bow after putting a proper sting back on. Good luck with whatever you do!

Top Bottom