Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

bowhunting after shotgun season pressure?

sofakingfast_1

i just got permission to hunt 130 acres in western illinois.the landowner said i could bowhunt it if i cut him some firewood so i did without hesitation. i was able to bowhunt a few days and find some real good bucks. took a doe for hamburger and jerky. just couldnt get the big bucks attention he was hot on a doe. but anyways my question is.....the owner and several friends hunt first shotgun season this weekend and thats it. whats my luck on getting onto a buck after shotgun season? the deer feel the pressure and lay low dont they? any comments would help!!!

1st shotgun is this friday until sunday. then the second season is the weekend after thanksgiving i believe? hopefully i can sneak in a bowhunt thanksgiving day. maybe ill get lucky. probably not very good chances tho. im still crying about the buck i rattled in saturday morning. i was dumb and did it when there was a doe in the field. he was 50 yards away and went after her. didnt wanna risk the long shot. im 22 and still learning. hunted with a bow for two years. last year took a doe. this year took a doe. but after a big buck.

oh ya cant forget. the primos rattle bag doesnt sound like two bucks fighting when u try them out in the store. but i tried it anyways and rattled in 5 bucks in two days! it definitly works. but i think i still like my rattling horns. just cant fit them in my fanny pak tho!

Top Bottom