Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Brassicain summer.

loneranger

Do deer care any for brassica in summer? I have two clover plots that are two seasons old now and from whar I have read I should probably turn them to Brassica next summer. They are getting weedy.But deer don't really care for Brassica during the summer do they?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">deer don't really care for Brassica during the summer do they?
</div></div>

It depends...mine eat them all year long but then again they eat anything and everything so they don't set a "proper example" /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Generally however deer seem to prefer brassicas after frosts tend to sweeten the brassicas and they feed on the turnip roots in late winter.

This is why I don't put all my eggs in one basket...

split your plots so you have clover in some, brassicas in some and grains, peas etc. in others...all at the same time. This way you can rotate crops and always have something for deer to eat. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Top Bottom