Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Buck Fight

H

horst

Just the week before season ended me and dad watched a little 6 pointer cut a doe doe out of a herd of about 17 deer and mount her not once but 4 times while we watched.Since then weve seen 2 other larger bucks chasing does out in the open in the middle of the day.Gonna be some late fawns around here im afraid.

About 6-7 years ago I saw a buck relentlessly
chasing a doe fawn all over a field in the middle of the day, on January 31'st.

This past weekend i was driving around scouting to see if any bucks had there antlers when i came acrossed 4 bucks in a alfafa field. I kept watching and what i saw made me blink a few times. There was about a 150in 10pt with both of his antlers on checking a doe, as weird as it may sound the buck started to chase her around, a younger buck saw the action and checked it out, the two bucks locked up and pushed each other around pretty violently until the younger buck ran off and the bigger buck headed the doe off. I'm guessing it was a younger doe that was a little late. Anybody else ever seen this happen this late?

Yes, as a matter of fact I have a couple years back. I have seen deer born really late and come bow season i seen some fawns with spots still on.

Top Bottom