Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bun & Bone

blake

Life Member
gun&bag.gif

I rolled out of bed this morning at day break to go hunt some cottontails and do some shed hunting.

I decided to carry my Knight .36 cal muzzleloading rifle. I hadn’t shot this firearm yet this season but I decided to carry it anyway.

I walked for nearly four hours and only saw one cottontail. However I did manage to take him at approximately 40 yards.

I also found two sheds…………good day I would say!

Bun_Hunt.jpg

The cottontail season remains open until February 28, the daily bag limit is 10, and the possession limit is 20. Shooting hours are from sunrise to sunset. Get out there and have some fun. Carry that muzzleloader with you when you go shed hunting.

pawlinebrown.gif

Last edited:
Looks like a great day afield! I didn't know you had a .36 cal. That small ball works good on small game.
Great photo!
I plan on getting back after it this weekend, hopefully the snow won't be gone by then.

iw.l_header.jpg
398ibalogo_1_.gif

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>PMA Memberships & Renewals </span> and <span style='font-size: 17pt'>IBA Memberships & Renewals</span>

gun&bag.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shovelbuck</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I didn't know you had a .36 cal. That small ball works good on small game.
I plan on getting back after it this weekend, hopefully the snow won't be gone by then.
</div></div>

I don’t shot a round ball through this in-line.

The load I have worked up for small game is a Hornaday .312 85gr. HP/XTP, MMP 36 cal Sabots, & 50 grains of Triple 7.

This load groups very well for me at 50 yards and under. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

We are losing our snow fast here in SW Iowa, temp was 49 degrees today.

pawlinebrown.gif

398ibalogo_1_.gif

feathers3.jpg

PM
Ron Wyllie
Southwest Iowa IBA Area Representative
[email protected]

Top Bottom