Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Cabela's...Kansas City, WOW!

Dang! I just went thru there twice in the last 5 days> Didn't know they had the store or I'd have stopped.

Where is it located? I'll be going back thru to go hunting up in Iowa & maybe northern MO as well.
grin.gif

Jerry

It's on the west side of Kansas City (Kansas) near the intersection of I-435 and I-70....right next to the new speedway complex...

I am familiar with the parking woes of which you speak! Not only do I occassionally post on this site, I was fortunate to get a part-time job at the Cabela's store in KC. So, when not chasing speeders and drunks on I-29, I work at one of the coolest stores in the area. And, the discounts are kinda nice too! All my trooper buddies ask if I just sign my paycheck back over to the store. Boy wouldn't that be easy to do!!

Back to parking, try to come early in the morning (store opens at 8 am through the week) on a Monday or Tuesday. Like many other venues that draw large crowds, try to avoid them by showing up at an "off-time".

Directions to the store from Iowa via I-29: Go south to Platte City (MO) exit on I-435 (Topeka exit), continue south and cross the Missouri River into Kansas. Take the State Avenue exit and it's on your right, can't miss it! It's 42 miles south of St. Joseph, MO.

Enjoy!

MO

I know this post must be a hoax because nobody can visit a Cabela's and leave with only $150 lifted from their wallet!

I just visited it on race weekend. It wasn't very crowded at all. I guess all the NASCAR fans scared everyone away.Its very impressive. I spent 4 hours there and lots of $$$. Antlertips, since you work there, can you find out what that pronghorn behind the guns scores. Also the last one in the herd by the mountain. They looked like freaks they were so big. The museum is a definate must see

I am planning a trip to Oklahoma next weekend since we get a 4-day vacation due to our most recent successes in the office. I'll have to make it a point to stop in and check the place out.

Ok Hawkeye, are you talking about the lifesize mount? If so, I'll ask around and see if I can find you a score. I'm not a big mule deer guy, but the mule deer wing is pretty impressive, isn't it?

One of the more unique trophy mounts is a 3X3 whitetail from Ohio, with a gross score of 153". Yes, a six point that scores over 150. I've heard all kinds of rumors as to the $$$ amount of taxidermy under the big green roof, but no one really seems to know.

Antlertips,
Yes the lifesize mount behind the guns. Its the biggest pronghorn I've ever seen. I would really like to know what he scores.
I missed the 6 point but I am sure I will see it soon. I pass by the store 3 or 4 times a year on my way between Okla. and Iowa.
I have got only one mule deer so far and I thought he was pretty big. Not! I dont think I could ever donate or sell a deer of the caliber Cabelas has in thier museum.. But I am glad those people did so everyone can see what huge deer are out there.

Top Bottom