Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Carbon Arrow recommendations

S

SmokingArrow

I am shopping for a new dozen of arrows for this season. I used the Beaman 400 Treebark Carbons last year and love them but just wondering if there is something similar in quality but lower in price. Anyone have any ideas or recommendations for carbons?

GoldTip Hunter arrows will run you around $60 per dozen. much cheaper than that and the quality of the arrow begins to go down. I use GoldTip XT's which are a better version of the Hunters, they cost me around $75 per dozen.

Has anyone shoot blackhawk vapors? I've been shooting beamans for the last couple years also and have to get some new arrows.I have narrowed it down to goldtip's xts or the blackhawks, I think.At lest them are the ones I kept comming back to.

iabow, i shot blackhawk vapors last year and loved them!!!! I shot one arrow through 3 deer and another threw 2 this last fall, and they kept on shooting straight and passing through
smile.gif

Thanks Liv4Rut.Supertec I will be using them for hunting but want to practice out at longer ranges (50-60yds) with them if I can get my form there.Thanks.

r and r sports in clinton set me up with a dozen of the new easton axis xt for $79.99.looks like a great hunting shaft that will deliver max penetration and energy.

IABOW - CXL makes excellent hunting arrows. The new Easton Axis's are excellent arrows. Are you looking for speed or energy? Beaman Matirx's are another option. Just make sure you check the arrow charts to see what will spine the best with your setup.

I was looking for a combination of the two, something that I can shoot about out to 30 yds with one pin with little drop and still have my BH fly good.I shoot an older pse one cam 29.5"draw 65-70lbs,w/ either a 100gr 3 blade or 90gr 4blade muzzies.I want the added confidence of a good arrow.

Easton or CXL gets my vote. Easont ACC's are another good make of arrow. Sounds like you are wanting to get more speed. Again, just go to your local pro shop and look at the charts and different arrows. Everyone will tell you something different.

I am only concerned about hunting with the arrows I am shopping for but of course I want to practice practice and practice but hunting is my only real concern. I know that I bought my last half dozen locally for $45 and that was just a half dozen. I would like to keep with the Beaman's I have but thats not in my price range to be honest $90 a dozen unless I can find them cheaper somewhere. I don't mind experiementing with new brands either but want to stick with carbons for sure.

SA, Cabelas and Scheels has the beamans for $70 a doz,might check Keystone archery thought I seen them there for sixtysomething.Beaman also makes a cheaper Hawk arrow too.
Thanks for your help guys.
26404-archer[1].gif

Go up to Central Iowa Archery, they have a bunch of different arrows to choose from in every price range. They will be more than willing to set you up.

Thanks for the comments guys. Too many gadgets and hunting supplies and not enough time!!!!! I want to try them all.

Anyone ever seen the ads for Satellite Cabons? They talk about how they are not "wrapped" so that eliminates the "seam" and how it makes for a more consistent spine eliminating an off balance weight and flex due to the wrap. Has anyone seen this or comments on their new technology?

I use the Carbon Impacts Fat Shaft and have killed several deer with one individual arrow...Its busted shoulder blades and has passed through a bunch of times also.. Its my hunting stick I guess you'd call it...

Top Bottom