Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Carbon Suits update

lefler168

Hey guys, just wanted to update you on my research...I got in touch with one of the corporate leaders at robinson outdoors incorporated and got some really good specific answers to a lot of questions that we have. Now i haven't finished researching to check the credibility of these statements but i have to be honest with you, this guy answered these questions with all honesty due to the fact that i sort of pissed him off with how forward and scrutinizing i was. Anyway, i am trying to plan an experiment/a research project on my own scentblocker clothing to see what i can find out about the reactivation of this product. As for the odor, i am working on that, i really need some specific testimonials from you guys about the odor with information regarding, how bad the smell is, will it go away, etc. I know with my scent blocker, i dont have this odor in my removable liners but i do have a strange odor in my long sleeve t-shirt that is particularly strong. However the corporate leader that i spoke with has offered to allow me to send my scent blocker to there labs for testing and to see what is possibly wrong with it. But they won't get it until i am done doing my own testing of it....anyway that is the update. if you can think of ANYTHING that i may need to consider let me know...also i am still looking for a deer biologist that i can visit with about the odor of the carbon suits let me know if you can hook me up with one...thanks!

The odor is hard to describe. It is unique, I guess the only thing I could think of is that it has a similar odor to rubbing alcohol with a bit of a sweet smell also, but even that is not a very good comparison. It is a light odor when not wearing the suit, but gets worse with body heat and body moisture. When you move while wearing the jacket, you can smell the odor as the air gets pushed up though the collar area. It gets rather strong. I tried the carbon clothing wash, that did nothing.

I have returned two jackets, the last jacket was replaced with a newer model with a different liner, called "ab scent". It doesn't seem to have any odor to it, so I will wear it. But over all, will never purchase anything of this nature again.
I'm wondering if the company that made those jackets had to many complaints and switched to a different liner in regard. If I remember right, I don't think the "ab scent" is a carbon based product.

The clothing I had was made by Game Hide. But the odor is not specific to their old line of clothing, I've noticed it in most all of the carbon clothing I've come across.

The first time I wore my scentlock leafy gloves after I washed them and activated them my hands were solid black from wearing them all day. Not very happy bout that! The suit that I have does have a little bit of a order to it, but nothing really bad I dont think. I just hose down in the ghost before I go out and hope that takes care of it all!

Top Bottom