Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Cavalier Shooting Tabs

Iowabowtech

picture.php

Anybody shoot with one of these? I've been kicking around the idea of going back to a tab and I notice many of the upper tier shooters swear by them. Any input would be welcome.

there is an article about tabs in this month's bow and arrow hunting magazine. that was one of them mentioned

Some internet "experts" will claim you have to have one. Personally, if you have a high anchor, that chunk of plastic is going to do nothing other that hit your cheek bone.
This tab is designed for FITA style shooters that have an under the chin anchor. I suppose you could remove the plastic piece, but if you do that, why not just use a basic calf hair tab?
Just my opinion, your mileage may vary.

This tab is designed for FITA style shooters that have an under the chin anchor. I suppose you could remove the plastic piece, but if you do that, why not just use a basic calf hair tab?

Yeah, I posted the wrong pic really. The above is the target model with the aluminum plate. They make a "hunter" model that's plastic instead and I don't think they have the chin tab on them, also half the price. The one advantage that's peaking my interest is the repeatable hook and alignment since the string lies against the plate the same way every time. I think some hands on investigation would be necessary though. I've decided not to get one just on the chance I'll like it.

Top Bottom