Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Chicory?

Huntnfish26

Well, its 2013, and I can say I've met at least one of my resolutions, by joining Iowa Whitetail. . . I've been reading for a couple years now, and have finally become a registered user. Anyway, on to my question.

I'm interested in your use of Chicory in a food plot mix. I've been reading alot about dbltree's foodplot mix, but I don't see chicory getting alot of attention.

I put some food plots in white clover last spring, and mixed in a little bit of chicory. In late March, I'm planning to frost seed in a little bit more chicory and some winter rye. Thoughts?

Thanks everyone.

Chicory always gets pounded in the plots ive put it in. I've planted Biologic's Clover Plus a couple times and it's always done very well. Most times, they've mowed the chicory down before hitting the clover. It is also really redundant and has grown back fast for me.

The deer have hammered the chicory where we are. Stays green and is very drought resistant as well.

We usually don't spread rye until August, the deer seem to really like it when it is in its young growth stage. They don't like it when it gets too mature...just a thought.

I've used the whitetail institute chicory plus, the deer seemed to like it quite a bit, planted last spring, got thin due to drought but after some rain in aug and sept came back very good

Top Bottom