Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Chigger ALERT!

loneranger

You all probably know tgis already but Chiggers,,the unseen deamons from HELL, are out now. Got my first bite. On my wrist. Ticks have been out for awhile of coarse. I put every possible repellent on my body and clothes too. They will find a spot.

I've read to use sulphur powder to repel chiggers. Coat your pants and shoes with it, supposed to work great.

I think you can buy it at Walgreens

Once again, load up on the generic permithrin concentrate & blast your clothes including soaking your socks, just like Tick post. I was out all day today and not a tick, chigger or anything - bug free all day.

Once again, load up on the generic permithrin concentrate & blast your clothes including soaking your socks, just like Tick post. I was out all day today and not a tick, chigger or anything - bug free all day.

Hard to get anything on you when your in an air conditioned cab lol

Some people repel them naturally. I worked with a guy that wore shorts and tee shirt all summer. We worked in tall grass and timber. He NEVER got bit by a thing. Said he was too bitter for them! As stated: I use everyhting possible, including the P-stuff. Soak my clothes. They still get me somewhere! Is why I like winter the best in Iowa. Even last Nov, first week chiggers were still around. I was bow hunting first week. Got my ankles peppered with them. Even after ticks are gone those dang chiggers hang on:mad:

That is one thing strange about Iowa. At least where I Have my place in SE Iowa. No matter the rainfall, we see few Mosquitos? Even in the evening. I suppose they are worse back in the timber, but nothing like I had up in MI. Man,,,from May on you had better not be out after dark. Hords of em!

Top Bottom