Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

clover cutting?

loneranger

How often do you cut clover during a summer? I have a small plot of white and red. Some weeds in it not a lot. I have trimmed the top third off it a couple times thus far. It is about mid calf tall now. Thanks..

I would get it one last time closer to early August so you get a good, lush fall regrowth going into the fall.

I have good luck cutting it around 6 inches tall. That way it keeps putting nitrogen into the ground also.

I have good luck cutting it around 6 inches tall. That way it keeps putting nitrogen into the ground also.

I would cut mine that tall if I had a mower that would do that, which I don't, so mine is more like 4" tall. But I think a little taller, like 6", would be better.

Sorry, glad others responded I forgot to check back on this thread! I woke up early yesterday morning to spray and wanted to beat the heat and the wind, which I did, but was so tired by like 8PM last night I didn't get back on.

Top Bottom