Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Clover plot

Blaster

PMA Member
We'll after 3 floods and 2 reseeds. We finally have a nice looking clover plot.

Here is the plot after the first flood!
446IMG_0003.JPG

Here it is this spring after 2 floods and a reseeding.
IMG_00181.JPG

And here it is after a 3rd flood and some needed sun. It looks real good. If anybody out there has river bottom and wants to grow a food plot Alsike clover is the way to go.

IMG_00023.JPG

IMG_00034.JPG

IMG_00044.JPG

Are ya sure that isn't rice? Looks kinda like a rice paddy in the first photo.

Mine should look so good.

The 'Bonker

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fishbonker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are ya sure that isn't rice? Looks kinda like a rice paddy in the first photo.

Mine should look so good.

The 'Bonker </div></div>

I was starting to think rice would be the only thing we could grow there! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Nice looking plot there Blaster. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

How many catfish did you catch in the first pic. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">after a 3rd flood </div></div>

I guess you can take your pick...fishing, duck hunting or deer hunting! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Awesome looking clover...great job despite the setbacks and problems /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Blaster- I planted a plot just like yours (floods) about 3-4 weeks ago with Alsike. My only downside with Alsike was I have heard it's not as good for deer and they don't like it as much as other clovers. Have you found the deer are hammering it? Really like it? Did you have any other suggestions for seed that would work for your spot there? Sounds like I made a good choice with Alsike though. I am hoping my alsike plot looks like yours!!!!

There have been a lot of deer in that plot. Everytime i have been down there this year i have seen deer eatting in it. I kicked a real nice buck out of it when i went down to take the picture last weekend. There's not a lot of food plots in that area so that could be one reason?

Looks great! There is nothing better than river bottom soil.....when you can keep the river off of it! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Lookin' good! My clover plots are still having an epic battle with weeds (first year), I'm jealous! Good comeback after the flooding.

Top Bottom