Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Clover Plot

cjgarrett

Hey guys i know that most of you plant some form of early season plot. I frost seeded a clover plot in mid march. I have not spent as much time out there working on it as i want to but i have been busy with work and it rains every other day! I finally got a chance to go take a look at the plot and I was surprised to see that the plot was doing really well! My issue is that the plot is on a slight north/south hillside. The north side of the plot doesnt get as much sun and the clover really took off. It is thick and has already choked out the weeds. The south side receives sun most of the day and the weeds got an early jump on the clover, there is a lot of clover growing but it is not as tall or thick due to the weeds. MY question is: If i go out this afternoon and weed eat the small section of weeds on the south side will it shock them enough to give the clover a jump? We are not suppose to get rain for a week or so.... Any ideas?

I think it will help, alot. If you don't do anything the weeds will take over and look like Muddy's plot.

If your clover is there, but not dominant due to weeds "overstorying" it, I have had success with clipping those weeds off and then letting the clover come on. It sounds like that might work in your south facing plot.

Top Bottom