Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Clover Question?

ShedHunter1

DSCN1163.jpg

I have 3 clover patches that look like this one. No weeds and only a few strands of grass. The rest of our clover patches I have mowed.
Question is should I mow these patches that look so good? I have waited for a while because we have been so dry to mow them. Now with rain last friday night and now today should I mow them or keep letting them grow. I usually stop mowing our clover plots in July to let them grow for the fall.
Any input would be great! Thanks

I'd mow it if you have rain coming. If it looks like drought, I wouldn't. I'd mow it if rain because when flowering, stops fixing nitrogen and there's still probably some level of weed control you'll get (maybe not much if you aren't seeing any) and last, it will make the clover a little more tender for the deer. Looks darn good though!!!

Farmer once told me that after clover flowers most of the nutritional value is gone! not sure what %.. either way you field looks killer 4 sure! we mow our field once it flowers, i think your good with the rain latley

Just mowed mine yesterday. Not much chance of rain in the next few days, but the highs are only suppose to be in the mid to lower 70's. Thought I would mow it now and not wait until it gets up in the 90's/

Top Bottom