Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Collapsable stool

Cornfed

Bowhunting Addict
Your seat sounds familiar to one that I have and totally love called the Nif-t-seat. It is a collapsible stool that snaps on your belt and can be adjusted to two heights. It is a great seat that is comfortable, stable and easy to use. I have not had any trouble with mine. You might want to consider one if this is not what you have owned previously.

I purchased a collapsable stool that you carry on your fanny pack belt from Roger Raisch of TurkeyHuntingSecrets.com this past deer season. While I had it I loved the hell out of it. However, while still hunting deer with it on my belt the snap failed unbeknownst to me until I wanted to use it. The strap was still there but the snap had opened and the seat is lost.

I sent Roger the strap when requested and he confirmed that it did not appear to have failed because of mechanical defect and in effect said "oh well". I know that they probably cannot address the manner in which the whole thing happened, but it just doesn't feel right. Ya know. In the event any of you buy one of these, do something so that you are not dependent on the snap that they use.

I really like the item but am reluctant to buy two to get one if ya know what I mean.

My stool was in fact a nif-t-seat. I really loved it . I would strongly suggest doing something to makre it impossible to lose if the snap opens up.

I am really bummed about having to pay for two of them to have one. What do you think would be fair? I really am at a loss about what would feel right.

I have been disappointed in the failure of numerous HS bunsavers as well. I'm hopeful the new style will last better.

Bottom line for me is I value them highly when they are in good working order, so I keep replacing them. Some of our problems are just a sign of the times to keep costs down and margins up.

Hunt iowa,

I don't know if they changed the snap or what but I have to pull quite hard to get mine to unsnap! ....... I am sure that most manufactures would not replace a lost item so I wouldn't be too hard on them
frown.gif

Response to "lost" Niff-T-Seat from Roger Raisch, owner of TurkeyHuntingSecrets.com

For the record, the customer who purchased the seat from my firm "lost" it somewhere in the woods. This 3 pound item somehow became dislodged from the carrying strap (which was attached to his belt), fell to the ground without being noticed, which I find remarkable.

I am a dealer for the manufacturer of the seat. I agreed to examine the strap and replace the item if the strap was found to be defective. It wasn't and the customer admitted that to me in writing and also on this message board.

Further, the customer drove back to the area where he lost it several days later, traveling several hundred miles, incurring an expense equal to or exceeding the cost of the "lost" item. He looked for the seat, but was unsuccessful. He had purchased the seat for $38.00.

At TurkeyHuntingSecrets.com, we offer exceptionally high quality products, all personally tested and recommended by me, The Turkey Pro. We stand behind the quality and value of each item.

Although he never asked for a new seat, directly, I presume from his comments that he wanted me to give him a new one. I'm afraid American capitalism doesn't work that way.

Also, for those of you who have purchased a H.S. Strut seat cushion, don't waste your money. The best seat cushion in the world is a self-inflating Therm A Rest Sport Seat, which we sell at TurkeyHuntingSeats.com....cost : $14.99. We've sold thousands across the country over the past 25 years, without complaint.

Click this link to see it:
http://www.turkeyhuntingsecrets.com/store/store-cushions-cascadegreen.htm

Roger Raisch
www.TurkeyHuntingSecrets.com

Also for the record.

Obviously going back to look for the seat was not my only reason for returning to the area.

Yes I am not satisfied with the response of the company. No I do not expect complete replacement. I am extremely disappointed that I lost it while still hunting deer. I did nothing to abue the system and I was hunting hard tough brush and not carrying the damn thing in my hand or watching it every other step.

I said that if any of you purchase one of these that you need to figure out a way so that if the snap falis to hold , you will still have the item.

Top Bottom